The Five Things that Make QlikView Unique
The QlikTech product marketing team went through a big effort during the past few months to identify and clearly describe what it is that makes the QlikView Business Discovery platform unique in the market. After lots of research, conversations with customers, partners, and our own people in the field, we’ve summed it up this way.
What makes QlikView unique is a combination of five capabilities that, taken together, deliver a superior user experience:
- User-centric interactivity. Ask your own questions and formulate your own insights in a simple and straightforward way. Type any word or phrase and get instant results that illuminate relationships in data sourced from various systems. Visualize data any way you want: charts, tables, maps, graphs, and list boxes. Click anywhere for more detail. Remix and reassemble data in new views and visualizations.
- Associative experience. Gain unexpected insights―make discoveries―by easily and clearly seeing how data is associated and what data is not related. Conduct direct and indirect searches across all data anywhere in the application—globally or within a single field. When you make a selection, all fields instantaneously filter themselves based on your selection. The data related to your selection is highlighted in white while unrelated data is highlighted in gray.
- Access to business data—from anywhere. Access relevant information from multiple business systems with incremental loading of updates. Combine data in a single in-memory location to access a full range of detail from top-level indicators to full transactional detail. Work with your dynamic, interactive data analytics through the most popular mobile devices, including iPad, iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry. Get data selection, associative search, GPS-sensitive filtering, and advanced visualization on your device.
- Speed-of-thought analysis. Call up data, ask questions, and receive answers—all on the fly, all on your own. Leverage QlikView’s highly optimized, scalable, in-memory engine for instant access to very large data sets. Derive insight in just a few mouse clicks. See relationships and find meaning in data, for a quick path to insight.
- Rapid time to value. Measure time to value (or time to market, for partners) in weeks, days, or even hours. According to a 2009 IDC survey, 44% of QlikView customers deploy QlikView in less than one month and 77% deploy it in less than three months.
Enterprise software must address IT requirements, such as security, manageability and scalability. QlikView does that. But what really sets QlikView apart from traditional BI solutions is the user experience. It is the ability for decision makers at any level in the organization to explore data on their own, drawing conclusions and deriving insights.